PrimeTech is a division of the Italian based company FAE Group (est.1989) which has more than 25 years of experience in the design and manufacturing of tracked carriers and attachments for tractors, excavators, skid steers and special built carriers.
PrimeTech designs, manufactures and sales worldwide tracked carriers for the forestry, agricultural and road construction industries. For some years now it produces models dedicated to mine clearance.
The complete range of PrimeTech tracked vehicles includes:
- PT-175, with 160 HP diesel engine
- PT-300, with 275 HP diesel engine
- PT-400, with 415 HP diesel engine
- PT-600, with 600 HP diesel engine
PT D: MINE SERIES:
- PT-175 D: Mine – remote-controlled vehicle, with 160 HP diesel engine
- PT-300 D: Mine – remote-controlled vehicle with 275 HP diesel engine
- PT-400 D: Mine – remote-controlled vehicle with 415 HP diesel engine
After extensive research and development in the field of mine clearance, PrimeTech has recently expanded its sphere of applications, designing tracked vehicles for the mechanical removal of antipersonnel (AP) and antitank (AT) mines for both military and humanitarian purposes. Demining vehicles must be swift, able to move over the rugged and contaminated ground, and ready to withstand full blasts.
PrimeTech’s tracked machines have been designed with those crucial goals in mind. Either remote-controlled or operator-controlled,
PrimeTech demining vehicles are designed to handle areas contaminated with explosive remnants of war (ERW) or unexploded ordnance (UXO) as well as landmines. They are designed to render mined areas safe for civilian use. They can also be used to clear lanes safely for a swift tactical advance of troops and military vehicles across minefield.
The range of PrimeTech demining machines includes:
- The PrimeTech PT-175 D:Mine, a remote controlled, light class demining machine that withstands AP mines. It is powered by a Cummins QSB4.5, 4.5 L turbocharged and aftercooled engine, with 4 in-line cylinders producing 160 hp. The remote control has a range of up to 1000 m
- The PrimeTech PT-300 D:Mine. A remote controlled, medium, tracked mine clearance machine that withstands both AP and AT mines. It is powered by a John Deere 6068 HF485, 6.8 L
turbocharged and aftercooled engine, with 6 in-line cylinders producing 275 hp. The remote control has a range of up to 1000 m.
- The PrimeTech PT-400 D:Mine. A remote controlled (at a range of up to 1000 meters) heavy, tracked mine clearance machine, that withstands both AP and AT mines. It is equipped with 12.5 L Caterpillar C13 engine, producing 415 hp.
Both models were tested against AP and AT mines and certified according to the standard CWA 15044:2009.
Compared to other demining machines, PT-175 D:Mine, PT-300 D:Mine and PT-400 D:Mine are not only designed for one specific job (mine clearance) but they are especially VERSATILE AND MULTI-PURPOSE MACHINES that can be used for the following applications:
- Mine clearance/EOD/UXO/victim-activated IED
- Land clearing/vegetation management/site preparation
- Land conversion/preparation agricultural land
- Road construction/maintenance/aircraft landing
Machines are used prior, during and after demining projects; they help optimize resources and time and provide the opportunity to generate value. PrimeTech VERSATILE AND MULTI-PURPOSE MACHINES increase the generated value of the operation; provide the ground for finding partners such as National Mine Action Centres who may share investment, and certainly enable a higher machine re-sale value.
Product support and parts availability are guaranteed by a worldwide sales and service network.