Brussels bomb suspect Mohamed Abrini to be questioned over Paris attacks


January 30, 2017

A suspect in the Brussels airport attack dubbed the “man in the hat” has been handed over to France to be questioned about the Paris atrocities.

Mohamed Abrini was detained in Brussels in April last year over his suspected involvement in the 22 March attacks and the Paris killings, which the Islamic State group has claimed responsibility for.

Belgium’s prosecutor’s office said in a statement: “In the framework of the investigation related to the attacks in Paris on 13 November 2015, Mohamed Abrini was surrendered to the French judicial authorities for a period of one day.”

Eric Van Der Sypt, a spokesman, said the decision was based on “mutual agreements” between the two countries.

He said: “It’s not uncommon that suspects in different cases are surrendered for one day or a few days.”

 

Read full story…