December 17, 2016
According to Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu, who was speaking at a joint news conference with the health minister, all of the injured are being treated in hospital, with 12 in intensive care and six in critical condition. Turkey’s General Staff said earlier that 13 people had been killed in the explosion. According to Soylu, eight of them have now been identified.
Seven people have been detained in connection with the explosion, Soylu said, as cited by Reuters. He added that the attack had been “carried out by a suicide bomber.” There has yet been no claim of responsibility for the bombing, but Turkish President Erdogan issued a statement claiming that a “separatist terrorist organization” is responsible for the attack.
Read full story…